Tuesday 11 January 2011

Khurasan Federal Army 'VDV'

Four more packs of Federal Infantry arrived from Jon at Khurasan today, making a total of 12 packs since they were released.

These guys are destined to form a distinct stand-alone force. Let's call it a platoon for now, with focus for now being Tomorrow's War, and inspired by Richard's 20mm Liberation Miniature Soviet VDV airbourne assault troops - I'm thinking of of recreating this look in 15mm. Here's a quick photoshop test before I put paint to miniature.....

Photoshop colour test

Works for me as a scheme which marks them out as Elite troops or Mercs, but will it work on the miniatures themselves? Let's find out. I'll paint a test miniature tonight.

Cheers
Mark

TEST UPDATE:


3 comments:

  1. I really like the blue helmet/shoulder pad with the green camo uniform. Gives a nice colourful accent. Think I might try this if I ever get some of those armoured troops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, they blue you've used almost has me thinking UN troops.

    Cheers

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice idea - but I would tone the blue down a bit, it's a bit too intense.

    ReplyDelete